Chocolates with mint for after your (evening) meal
Everyone knows about After Eights, the peppermint-flavoured chocolates that were originally invented as the perfect way to finish off your evening meal (which back in those days was often after 8 o’clock!). The choice of mint was not accidental: did you know that wild mint is rich in menthol? The consumption of menthol improves the digestion and helps to reduce feeling bloated and overfull after you have eaten heavily. These chocolates with wild mint oil are ready in no time at all and will definitely not take you until 8 o’clock to make!
For ± 20 chocolates
- 100 g dark, sugar-free chocolate
- 4-5 drops Physalis essential oil of Wild mint
- 20 fresh mint leaves
Bowl, pan of boiling water (into which the bowl will fit), a chopping board, baking paper, whisk.
- Break the chocolate into small pieces and put them in a bowl.
- Melt the chocolate au bain-marie by placing the bowl above or just into a pan of boiling water, stirring the chocolate regularly with a whisk.
- Add 4-5 drops of wild mint essential oil to the melted chocolate. Stir the oil thoroughly into the chocolate with the whisk.
- Cover the chopping board with baking paper.
- Make a circle of chocolate by pouring a teaspoon of chocolate onto the baking paper. Repeat until all the chocolate is used up.
- Decorate each chocolate with a fresh mint leaf.
- Place the board with the chocolate in the fridge (or freezer) for at least 30 minutes to harden.
Stay up to date
Update your inbox and sign up for the latest Physalis news. Stay informed about new products, inspiration, tips & tricks, recipes, ... Max. 1 newsletter per month.