This massage oil is easy to make for yourself and guarantees you a fine and refreshing body massage. The fragrance is relaxing, but at the same time has an invigorating effect on your mind and mood. In addition, grapefruit oil also helps to purify your skin, as well as having a positive influence on cellulitis.
TIP: Avoid exposure to sunlight and UV-rays for at least 12 hours after applying this body oil to the skin (citrus essential oils have a photo-sensitising effect).
You can read more tips for the safe use of essential oils here.
For 30 ml of massage oil
30 ml is enough to massage your entire body
- 3 tablespoons of sweet almond oil (or another cold-pressed vegetable oil - view all plant-based oils here)
- 10 drops of grapefruit essential oil
Small mixing bowl
To make the massage oil
- Add 10 drops of grapefruit essential oil to 3 tablespoons of sweet almond oil (or an alternative) and mix well.
- The massage oil is suitable for use on all parts of the body, depending on your needs and preferences.
- If you do not use all the oil, you can keep any surplus in a small jar or pot at room temperature.
This is what you need for 30 ml
30 ml is enough for the massage of the whole body
Small mixing bowl
- Sweet almond oil, 2 tbsp (30ml)
- Grapefruit essential oil, 4 drops
How to make the body oil
- Simply add 4 drops of grapefruit essential oil to 2 tablespoons of sweet almond oil (or different cold-pressed vegetable oil) and stir to combine.
- Use for the massage of the whole body, or just parts of the body, according to your needs. If you have leftover oil, you can store it at room temperature in a small bottle or jar.
Stay up to date
Update your inbox and sign up for the latest Physalis news. Stay informed about new products, inspiration, tips & tricks, recipes, ... Max. 1 newsletter per month.